Hongkong Post Bank-Cert (Personal)
With effect from 31 March 2010, Hongkong Post Certification Authority has terminated all Registration Authority ("RA") for Bank-Cert operation and ceases to issue new Bank-Cert.
The information in this web page provides information for the previously issued Bank-Cert (Personal). For more details, please refer to the corresponding Bank-Cert Certification Practice Statement.
Hongkong Post Bank-Cert (Personal) certificates are issued to individuals who have a Hong Kong identity card (age 18 or over) and are customers of the banks acting as Registration Authority ("RA"). These certificates are at the cost of HK$60 per certificate for three year and may be used to perform Internet banking services and other commercial operations.
A Bank-Cert (Personal) certificate contains the following information:-
- RA's Name;
- Subscriber's name as it appears on the applicant's Hong Kong identity card;
- The Subscriber's Hong Kong identity card number in an encrypted form;
- E-mail address (if available);
- A unique Subscriber Reference Number; and
- RA's Reference Information, which may not be applicable for all the RAs.